Seachem Stability is a scientifically formulated solution designed to quickly and safely establish an aquarium biofilter in both freshwater and saltwater environments, helping to prevent the number one cause of fish death - new tank syndrome. The formula contains a synergistic blend of aerobic, anaerobic and facultative bacteria that help to aid in the breakdown of potentially harmful waste organics, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Seachem Stability uses non-sulfur fixing bacteria that will not produce toxic hydrogen sulfide and is completely safe for all aquatic organisms and plants. There is no danger of over use!
Many other competing products use bacteria that is inherently unstable, and the requirements for their development and growth operate within a rather limited range of temperatures, pH, organic loads and other variables. If these any one of these parameters fall out of the appropriate range, the entire bacterial culture will quickly die, compromising the biological security of your tank as well as causing fish death. But Stability does not have this problem as the conditions for bacterial growth fall into a much larger range. Additionally, when other various bacteria start to die (most often from the high organic load caused by the death of a fish, plant or other organism) Stability will actually become more effective in establishing new biofilters.
- Shake well before use.
- Turn off UV/ozone equipment.
- Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 40 L (10 US gallons) on the first day with a new aquarium.
- Fish and other aquatic organisms may be introduced any time as long as the dosage is maintained consistently for 7 days.
- For maximum biofilter performance use 1 capful for each 80 L (20 US gallons) once a month, as well as in addition to each water change, when introducing new fish or whenever medicating your aquarium.
- Product shelf life is 4 years from date of manufacture.