The HI774 Ultra Low Range Phosphate Checker® HC (Handheld Colorimeter) is a cost-effective way to measure phosphate in marine systems, including reef tanks. Testing for phosphates is standard practice for saltwater aquariums and provides valuable insight into your reef tank's water chemistry to help ensure long-term coral health. Phosphates are one of the many forms of phosphorus compounds found in marine waters. Excessive phosphate levels can prevent calcification, skeletal formation, and growth of many coral species, particularly those referred to as SPS or small-polyp stony. In addition, high phosphate levels can cause nuisance algae growth in your reef tank. This can become problematic because algae often outcompetes sessile organisms for light, nutrients, and space, jeopardizing long term coral health in your reef.
- Take our portable handheld colorimeter anywhere.
- Simple, one-button design makes getting your results easy.
- Improve your technology and upgrade from your standard test kit.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Small size, big convenience
- Ideal for: Aquariums, Environmental, Aquaculture, Water Quality