HI7061M is a general purpose cleaning solution that can be used for a variety of applications. Electrodes can become dirty from use and will produce inaccurate results even as they read correctly in a pH buffer. Hanna's cleaning solutions eliminate impurities and residues that are left on electrode surfaces when immersed in samples during measurement or when stored incorrectly. Hanna suggests cleaning the bulb and junction of your electrode on a regular basis to ensure that the probe is always clean and to prevent any clogging of the junction.
- Specially formulated for cleaning electrodes
- Air tight seal to ensure quality
- Expiration date and lot number
- The most common cause for pH measurement inaccuracies is an unclean or improperly cleaned electrode. This is very important to note, because during calibration, the instrument assumes that the electrode is clean and that the standardization curve created during the calibration process will remain a valid reference until the next calibration. pH meters on the market today will allow an offset voltage of approximately ±60 mV. The deviation from 0 mV is not unusual but ideally should be no greater than ±30 mV. The calibration process compensates for the change in offset voltage. If the mV offset continues to deviate and the meter is calibrated with a dirty electrode then inaccurate readings will result.
Cleaning is a fast and effective routine that should be performed on a regular basis as a preventative measure against using a dirty electrode and to ensure that the junction is not clogged. By simply immersing the electrode in the HI7061M cleaning solution for 15 to 20 minutes will dissolve any mineral deposits or other coatings.
Air tight bottle with tamper-proof seal
- Ensures quality and freshness of solution
Each bottle marked with lot number and expiration date.
- Hanna cleaning solutions are specially formulated to have an expiration of 5 years from manufacture for an unopened bottle.